Our health insurance plans for individuals and families are powered by CHPW, a long-trusted name in affordable, quality health care coverage. They are offered through Washington Healthplanfinder, the state’s online marketplace where people can shop for and enroll in a health plan.
Our plans, called CHNW Cascade Select, connect you with our network of local health care providers and with community-based services to keep you healthy between checkups. As a local health insurance provider, we believe the best care is whole-person care that starts with you, in your community.
You may be eligible for lower premiums and other health care costs through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
ARPA includes measures that raise income eligibility for reduced-cost premiums on health insurance plans purchased through Washington Healthplanfinder, the online marketplace run by the Washington Health Benefit Exchange.
- Don’t have health insurance and hesitant to enroll in a health plan because of premium costs? This is a good time to check again. You could qualify for more help paying your monthly premium than you did before.
- If you already have health coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder, ARPA may help you to afford another plan (with the same carrier) that has more benefits and even $0 premiums.
- It’s not just lower premiums. You could save money on health care down the line through the cost-sharing subsidies offered on Silver plans. These subsidies lower the amount you pay when you visit your doctor.
To take advantage of possible lower premiums, make sure your income information is up to date in Washington Healthplanfinder.
Enroll in health coverage now during Special Enrollment Period!
Due to the COVID-19 health emergency, the State of Washington is offering additional time for people to enroll in individual or family health care coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder, the online marketplace operated by the Washington Health Benefit Exchange (WAHBE). The Special Enrollment Period is from February 15, 2021 to August 15, 2021 for anyone who is uninsured as well as for people enrolled in other types of health insurance who are seeking coverage alternatives. Enroll in a Cascade Select health plan by the 15th of the month and your coverage will start the next month.
In addition, you could qualify for a Special Enrollment through Washington Healthplanfinder at any time if you experience certain life changes.
Examples of qualifying life events:
- Adding a dependent or becoming a dependent
- Losing other health coverage (i.e., job loss, divorce, loss of Washington Apple Health coverage, etc.)
- Permanently moving to Washington State, or to a new county within the state
See the WAHBE website for more information on Special Enrollment Periods and qualifying events.